Lochie is improving in his skills but can get distracted when he wants to play or is getting bored. Teach him some fun trick skills alongside the basic obedience skills to keep his engagement high during training sessions.
It was a PLEASURE training with your pooch today and we look forward to continuing to help you achieve your goals, skills and improve your relationship.
Your journey does not end here, it has only just begun!
"I trained hard, I played hard! Please find below the skills we worked on and my results. I look forward to showing you what I learnt and working on them more with you!" If you have any questions about the skills we trained please feel free to contact todays trainer."
|Skill||Comment||We focused on||Grade|
|Skill learnt: Loose Lead (No pull)||Comment: For his first session we worked on loose lead outside with Lochie with other dogs training outside as distractions. It took a little while for him to settle and walk nicely next to the trainer but once he did settle he did really well! A few times he did get distracted and wanted to play with the trainer instead but overall did really well. Next time we'd like to continue with high distractions outside to get his loose lead skill really solid. At home continue working on good engagement from him during walks and rewarding often for staying next to you while walking.||Focus: Distraction||B+|
|Skill learnt: Leave||Comment: For his second session we worked on Lochie's leave it skill. He is a bit of a mixed bag with this. For 90% of the time he was great, he would look away from the temptation almost right away. The other 10% of the time he would sit there trying to lick and nudge his way into the hand to get the kibble for a good while. Helping to pair the skill with the word "leave it" may help him with this. Next time we'd like to see Lochie not try and get to the food as much so that we can push the temptation a bit higher to test his skill further. At home reward him for not eating low value food in your hand by giving him high value treats once he looks away from it.||Focus: Repetition||B|
|Skill learnt: Place Training||Comment: For his last session we worked on Lochie's place skill in the classroom. He did really well with his toy distractions but did break a few times randomly without distractions so we spent a bit of the session building his duration on place. He seems to struggle the most when the trainer is a distance away from him or leaves the room so that is something to work on for next time. At home, use place often to help Lochie to relax and use some distractions to help him advance the skill.||Focus: Distraction||B|
We recommend your next step should be…
A: Outstanding (90 – 100%) I understand my training, Neat & Complete! Ready to move on to higher difficulty & distraction
B: Great Work (80-89%) I mostly understand, Almost neat & complete! Needs practice in some areas. Mild distractions
C: Well Done (70-79%) Some good progress. Needs work, but on my way. Still learning. Low distractions.
D: Beginning (60-69%) My journey is just beginning, I don’t understand just yet. Introduction phase. No distraction.
E: Unable to Progress. Needs major focus, seek further options to assist.
X: Not gradable, the focus was on Enrichment, Socialisation & Engagement.